| | So, yeah I went dancing. It was awesome, but not perfect. Yeah, I didn't think about lines (never been a line problem when I go on Fridays), but we were in line for an hour, so we were only able to dance for an hour and a half before the place closed. Sterling and Lata looked really good, and both of them have unique dancing styles, Lata is very boppy and Sterling is a sort of gliding footwork thing that is interesting to watch. I missed both techno sets, the first one because we were outside and the second one was because we were in the other dance room, and when we tried to move, the bouncers got in my face (I cut through the patio area around the stacked chairs, he accused me of igorancy (which isn't a word, I don't know why ignorance didn't suffice, but I guess it wasn't educated enough), multiple times, which wasn't cool. So yeah, we ended it on the other dance floor. I danced with one guy who was nice, the rest I batted off of me. Lata had men on her all night (usually without her knowledge, one was nice, the rest were kind of creepy). The nice guy she danced with was funny... at least he danced amusingly (can't hear). I was a little leery of getting "up on" Sterling, 1. because he has his own thing going which doesn't transfer easily to couple dancing and 2. because he is my friend (and not like my friends in highschool, because that was... the norm back then. Its strange, none of us were having sex or doing anything much sexual, so we humped like rabbits, very limber rabbits, on the dance floor, but now... it seems almost too personal). But that was cool, then we drove to Denny's in Woodland, where they were VERY slow. Had a nice conversation with Sterling and Lata (both before the dance in line and after at Dennys). Oh, oh yeah, I broke the law, because they drank in my car (which I think may have explained the really animated conversation in line, at least for Sterling... but what do I know... pretty sure by the time we got in the club any effects were long gone). Yeah after I dropped Lata off I had a cup of tea at Sterlings (I was so damn cold, my blouse is pretty, but very bare in the front), then he was sleepy so he walked me out to the car. Started getting woozy and in dorky fashion sorta fainted ("swooned" perhaps) in his arms. Sounds romantic... was embarassing (luckily he was nice about it, told me that women do that all the time). Yeah then he walked off, and this guy came up to my car, like an idiot I rolled down the window. Its like four am, and he was really drunk, he told me to forget Sterling (or "that guy") and go off with him a real man...luckily it was just drunk talk and not, serious rapage or something. I told him I had to go home (after thanking him, like a dork), then drove off... felt skeevy. I made it up the stairs without fainting and now I am going to head to bed.
ANYWAY: I had a great time, Sterling and Lata are a lot of fun, I danced until my feet hurt (not as long as I would have liked, but whatever)I looked really great and... I didn't faint (really), or get raped... just propositioned. So, yay!
posted by Amber at 4:21 AM
|