| | Wow. Okay my friend Nick is... a really nice guy but about as assertive as your average helping of yogurt, vanilla. He likes to say that he is just a pawn and that he doesn't make actions he just waits for other to tell him what to do. I just has the most wonderful conversation with him, he is undergoing a crisis, and damn, he changed. I will spare you the drama, but the end result is, a friend of his went behind his back to get a girl he liked (he's been friends with this girl for the last...4 years), anyway, Nick, stood up and asked her out (stop right there, he has NEVER done that before in his life, this is huge), she said no, he's okay with that. BUT he is pissed as hell to find out what his friend has been doing behind his back, he is so mad he wants to hurt something. Okay, Nick doesn't express anger, ever... another huge moment for Nick. Nick has been an assertive angry machine... and, I like it. No, seriously, I do (its terrible what had to happen for him to make a stand), but yeah I don't think I've ever liked him more. In fact, it makes me want to kiss him (the 'smackeroo' variety not the 'roll the peas'* variety), it has impressed me so much. I probably will have to restrain that impulse, simply because it would only confuse the fuck out of him (and I can't go around giving everyone "smackeroos" every time I feel like it, no matter how chaste they may be... strangely guys get the wrong impression. Too bad.). Here's to Nick (raising my imaginary glass of... I don't know some sort of girl drink with a piece of fruit and pretty colors), may he not suffer too badly through this and learn a lot.
And now, my Benadryl has kicked in, so I am going to bed
*to roll the peas= tongue kissing. No seriously its a French euphemism, its not like they can call it French kissing (I learned it from a French foreign exchange student named Dan[pronounced Don] ... not the sexiest of French names but whatever, they can't all be Jean-Lucs)
posted by Amber at 1:18 AM
|