| | SO today Frank and I decide we are going to go intertubing on the Truckee. The Truckee is located right outside his apartment complex and it is 106 outside. We spend the next THREE HOURS looking for intertubes (they sell them... at tire places).
Then we pushed off. Wow, that is fun but scary. See, our tubes being less than regulation size, made it so our rear ends are MUCH closer to the rocks. And boy oh boy, there were a lot of rocks. Frank and I thought it would be calm enough to drink soda and float... haha. Finally we came to rocks I decided were too close for comfort so I decided to walk on the bank for a while. Frank and I were seperated.
I finally get back in the water, float along, hand paddle like mad to avoid rocks (bash pretty hard into a few anyway), then I lie on my stomach for a while (while looking for Frank, can't find him anywhere), then, bash my toe really really hard into a rock. I cracked my toe nail. I decided right then that the party was over and I was walking. So I walk downtown, and people keep looking at me. I am sure that Frank will be at the truck. When I finally make it, there is no Frank, there is no truck. I sit for a few, and meet a VERY creepy middleaged man named Victor (he's 47), who reaches over while telling me I am "good people" and squeezes my breast. I realize I am in down town reno, no money, no ID, no idea of Frank's home phone number, wearing... a bathing suit.
So, I decide to walk back to his place. And its a long walk, it feels even longer because I am being GAWKED at. Mind you, I am not wearing my glasses, so I can only judge by the comments (some yelled from cars), but apparently my nonsense single piece swimsuit (ideal for the swim team) is making waves. Creepy waves.
I finally make it back to Frank's apartment (after walking through a rather run down/industrial part of town)... and Frank's not home
FRANK IS NOT HOME. I am so incredibly thirsty, I'm tired, I want some clothes, I have a split toenail (which has broken open again), and I am worried.
Twenty minutes later he shows up.
You thought my story was bad. He lost his innertube for a while, and took those rocks (the ones I walked for) without a tube. He is bruised and bleeding, and hungry and tired.
But, it was fun.
No, really, it was fun.
posted by Amber at 8:58 PM
|