geek pride
| | so, I'm waiting for Sterling, and I realized I could blog about something that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with my day... crazy.
In no particular order 1. playing with star wars action figures in 7th grade with my friends (playing cool grown up games too, involving sex!) and then some popular kids came up and said "playing with dolls, how immature" and I smartly replied "you know you want to play too!" 2. By freshman year of highschool knowing the entirity of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and nearly all of MST3K the movie ("I feel like a new toothbrush, so rub me in a circular motion on your gums). 3. Sitting in my comp lit class freshman year of college, reading Dragonlance, minding my own business,when the guy next to me says "you read dragonlance?" And when I replied that I loved the series, he invited me to play Dungeons and Dragons with him and his roomates. I was so incredibly touched (wished I knew how to play). 4. Being able to curse Ed in both Elvish and Klingon (Elvish is -hard-) 5. Going to Waldenbooks in the mall, and having an educated discussion with the owner about fantasy serieses in the mid 1980s (I think I may love that man, he knows me now by the way, and wishes he could afford to hire me)
posted by Amber at 6:44 PM
|
0 comments
0 Comments:
| |