| | sigh... I worked too much today. I got up at five am because I started work at six, I'll repeat that I got up at FIVE AM. I went to bed at eleven pm, honest, but I didn't fall asleep until one-ish, then Frank called me up at two thirty am (he had convenient amnesia about that part today), then I woke up every half an hour, quite sure I was going to be late for work. Well... I wasn't.
Actually working in the morning is kind of fun, there were no customers for the first three hours (heh, I typed "years" first... wishful thinking), just lots of am talk radio and putting stuff places, which is kind of cool. The music we listen to in the morning is cooler than the Mervyn's radio they've got going the rest of the day (its not muzak, its just... eclectic). I like Sergio (the guy who is incharge of Logistics... no really, we have a department called Logistics... because I guess "stock room" just doesn't cut it as a Mervyn's friendly term.), he is very helpful. Being by myself for hours was a little stressful, but really you only need one person. See, it was like I was hosting a party, a really boring clothes party, but a party. And I put everything out HOURS before the guests came... then, I waited around for the guests, and I didn't have as many as I planned, and all I did was stand around.... okay I lost my analogy here. Really though, everything was ordered, it wasn't busy, I stood around (well... not really, you never really stand around at Mervyn's you always LOOK busy, so when I say "stood around" I really mean "strode about looking purposeful and important") a lot. The first three hours flew by... the next four crawled. But, I think I did everything alright.
They had me work 7 hours so that I would only get a half an hour lunch break (so I really worked seven and a half)... then I had to stay a half an hour late... grumble I wanted that hour lunch!
So yeah, I got off at two thirty, got home around three... and now I have been up for 12 hours.
My work starts tomorrow at five am... so not cool
I'm going to go do stuff
posted by Amber at 5:10 PM
|