inventory
| | So... today was inventory day/night in the music department at Barnes and Noble. It was alright, sort of fun. I got to practice my mad counting abilities (being as I had to go and count cds over and over again). We counted the whole department, this is the -pre-count, then we sat about as the inventory people (with awesome beeping machines) counted, and then we did a check count to see if our numbers matched theirs, and then we recounted when it didn't. Then we checked the recounted twice.
It was a lot of counting. I used more post-it notes in an eight hour period than I think I may have used in the last four years of my life. I ran through three packages. I got my own highliter it was green.
I had my "lunch" at 9:15pm, it was weird. And the last two hours they had me stand guard at the customer service desk. The cleaning people were cleaning and the doors were open so we had to post a guard at the desk to "monitor" the goings on (making sure no unreputables wandered in). It was -so- boring, I did, however get through half of Miss Marple's mysteries. I wasn't able to sit though, which was... terrible. Sitting is nice.
So yeah, I got off work a little after two. Reno never really seems to sleep completely. Its a somnambulist.
I'm going to bed
posted by Amber at 3:14 AM
|
0 comments
0 Comments:
| |