| | So, I'm making myself a meal (yes at three am, I work until one am, I'm all clock screwed up), and I hear this sharp crack, and my first thought is, oh shit my brand new bed is falling apart (more on bed later)... so I walk three feet and nope the bed's fine. So then I hear another crack, and now I can tell it's from my window. Being as this apartment complex is old, I'm starting to think that my window is breaking for some reason, then my OTHER window cracks, someone is throwing small pebbles at my window.
Yeah, so, it's three am, and my first thought is that Frank is being weird (although he went to be hours ago), so I open the door. On the stairwell is a man (mid-fifties), wearing nothing but a hat and tennis shoes saying "hey Susan! Susan, it's me Steve!"
I told him I wasn't Susan (he gathered as much), and then closed the door.
So, yeah, friking weird, but whatever.
Then like five minutes later, I get pebbles on my window again, I go outside to humor this man, and he informs me he's a nudist, not a pervert (which, actually hadn't crossed my mind. I thought he was a guy who was drunk and planning on seducing Susan [not the best idea when it's really cold out, but whatever]), and told me not to tell anyone (apparently he lives in the complex). I told him that it was fine, he asked me if I knew Susan, I told him no, and to have a good night.
Then like ten minutes later, my other window rattles in it's frame... I open the door, it's our man Steve again, who now wants to have a beer with me. I declined stating it was late.
But now, he's really creeping me out, not so much the naked as the keeps trying to get my attention closer to me each time, wants to know my name and give me a drink. I'm a little nervous he's going to come back tomorrow... I don't want him to come back, I don't really want to ever see him again.
I don't like the fact that this strange guy knows I live alone, and I wish Frank would have answered the phone when I called because I don't feel all that comfortable going downstairs and knocking.
Man, this is ruining my happiness over having a day off (wednesday) and a new bed... maybe I will go downstairs and wake frank up.
posted by Amber at 3:22 AM
|