| | | | | | Monday, September 18, 2006 |
A death in the family
| | Yes, there has been a death, my great grandmother died. It's okay, she was 86 and had last stage Alzheimers, so no one is surprised. And I never really knew her (got kicked out of the family... well my mother did, and when we were invited back, she was already losing it -bad-), and I have no real connection to that side of the family (that side being my grandmother's sisters and their children). So, I don't want to go to the funeral, but through methods I think should be best characterized as "manipulative" I'm -going-. I spent most of today being pissed about this. I expect I shall continue to be at least irritated until Wednesday evening when I arrive at my parent's house. The funeral is Thursday and I had to tell my manager I couldn't work my shift that morning. She's going to let me know if they need me to come in in the evening.
In other news, I went to sac state today to ask about reapplying. I got horrendously lost and spent about two hours in a car that was in danger of overheating... so I was blasting the heater. It was UNCOMFORTABLE. But, Dr. Simpson remembered me, by -name-, so that bodes well (she also said she was looking forward to my application, which bodes even better!). I feel less sick than I did say yesterday about this.
I came home grouchy (was awoken this morning by an aunt... grrr), but luckily the nap helped my mood incredibly.
Am working a stupid half shift from 7am to 11am... I hate it!
Also, whilst reading Bartimaeus book two (the Golem's Eye... which has very very very little to do with Golems), I read that one of his masters was named Tycho Brahe... and my first thought was, Penny-Arcade -what-? Stroud does some interesting things with history (Disraeli and Gladstone, PMs AND Magicians [which here means, Demon Tamers]!). But yeah, Tycho Brahe... 16th century astronomer, who knew?
Everyone?
Damn
posted by Amber at 10:53 PM
|
0 comments
0 Comments:
| |