| | Argh, I HATE FIGHTING.
Why the hell am I doing so much of it lately?
It's my own fault, I suppose, I opened my big mouth when I should have just kept quiet. It's that sticky gray ground (sure lets mix our images up a little) where you don't agree with a friend's decision, should you just shut up, or say something? Of course, it's a sliding scale, if their decision is say, life threatening, then it's obvious: "No! Don't walk off that building!" But if it's something more ambiguous then it's harder. Because unasked for advice is never really received well, for example Katherine marrying her husband Joe, I thought it was a bad idea and a serious enough bad idea that I spoke up about it. She became "huffy" to put it mildly. So, what do you do if you don't fully support a decision your friend makes?
You keep your damn mouth shut, that's what you do. To do otherwise results in FIGHTING, and being called a hypocrite (although honestly who better to know that jumping off a building a bad idea than someone who jumped off?). Although, honestly the fact that your friend gets so upset with you is a hint that he/she/neuter is unsure of his/her/its decision anyway. But I'm digressing, because while I -wasn't- upset last night, -now- I'm irked, which is annoying.
SIGH
posted by Amber at 2:20 PM
|