| | I read Freewill tonight (its a YA book by Chris Lynch) and it disturbed me.
It's written in second person.
So it's all about you, and you are also Will, and you're mentally ill... you may have killed some people, and if you didn't you feel responsible somehow. You're confused, and frankly confusing.
You know what it reminded me of?
Reading Faulkner, Quintin's story, specifically (the crazy young man on his last day of his first year of college [at least I think it's a year, it's how ever much college they could afford by selling the land]), that same fragmented filtered style of writing... only there's no distance between you and the writing, it's happening to -you-. Very disconcerting.
Alright I think I should wrap this up, my hamster is banging around in my kitchen and has been for the last twenty minutes or so..
posted by Amber at 12:42 AM
|