ramble
| | So, work was lame... let's move on.
Last night after work I went over to Logan's because I hadn't seen him in a while. However, it was not a romantic one on one, it was an invitation into a guys night (guys here being Logan, Gowan [he's an affable bear of a man], Chris [Logan's brother, who believes himself to be ghetto, but is actually redneck, and sweet in his way], and the guy sleeping on the floor [he proved to be Ricky]) So it was an evening of videogame watching, which isn't a bad thing, to me. They were playing some incarnation of Super Smash Brothers (the Internet implies that it can only be Melee, and I will accept that), and I spent most of the evening analyzing their various attack styles. Logan appears to be inordinately attracted to the cute (...anyone who makes a comment about how that might be related to him dating me is going to be glared at -so- hard), which probably makes it more annoying that he wins most of the time (and one game... he definitely threw in the name of communal goodwill). After everyone fell asleep Logan and I watched prerecorded Boston Legals (and this season's Scrubs which honestly I'm not crazy about. I think it would be like coming into the last season of NewsRadio, having not bonding with the characters. Which would make it hard to enjoy because now they're caricatures of themselves). I fell asleep a little before five am on his mother's bed (she's out of town for some reason). I woke up for the day (I assume it's for the day) at nine, which was sort of lame (Ricky the guy asleep on the floor had arisen and wanted to go home).
You know, I've realized that makeouts to me are a form of Pie (see previous entry about capitalized 'pie'). There are many forms of Pie, but makeouts is pretty clearly one of them (whats the last bad thing you experienced in makeouts? True you can make out with the wrong person, or say, in the wrong place. But the makeout itself is not bad... assuming you have someone competent, I suppose. Badly made pie is not Pie) I've had a bad week(ish), I'd really like some Pie. Of course, last night makeouts were not forthcoming... which is not unexpected, but lame none the less. I was not planning on them, I was just hoping. I find that when you stop hoping for makeouts when you go see your significant other you've wandered into the Familiarity territory (you know you're there when you start seeing sleep being more closely related to Pie than makeouts). Which can be good, I mean it's nice to be comfortable with someone.
But today, Father's day, I am awake too early (for me) and have just finished watching the last of What Lies Beneath, also known as The Movie Where Harrison Ford Takes for Fucking Ever To Die (I admit it's colloquial name is a bit chunky). Now Harrison Ford is, cinematically anyway, very tough to kill. Usually this is because he is fighting for the American Dream. But sometimes, he turns into... Nega-Ford (...look I've had crap sleep, lay off) and he's all evil and then that Never Say Die spirit needs to be broken. I mean, in this movie he's like 58 and he suffers what would have killed a mortal man many times over. Electrocuted, whonked on the head, stabbed, drowned. I think the only reason that he actually dies is because Michelle Pfeiffer doesn't try punching him. Attempting to beat the shit out of Harrison Ford only makes him stronger.
Okay, clearly I'm a little loopy (this is day three of my headache, which I think is currently sleeping. Unlike last night when it was like daggers through my -brain-). I think I shall lie down for a bit.
Hey, tomorrow's my day off!
posted by Amber at 9:32 AM
|
0 comments
0 Comments:
| |