| | I hear you. A misadventure in -candy-, you say? Surely you are mistaken and or -high- madam, candy as we all know is delicious.
Hear me out, this is a cautionary tale (full of a lot of capitalized letters, for it is SERIOUS).
So they're selling this at my store (as part of the Harry Potter Bonanza that happens in ten days. And of course we were intrigued. So Francisca bought a box (with our employee discount of course) and we tried them out. Okay I'm going to tell you right now, in hopes that you'll listen to me, dear internet.
THEY ARE NOT KIDDING ABOUT THE FLAVORS. "Vomit" although it -looks- potentially peach flavored IS NOT. It is a VERY good facimile of VOMIT. I can feel your disbelief, but I tried it, and it made me very queasy, and tasting vomit at the back of your throat does not EASE nausea. Soap is another bad one I started gagging (think Irish Spring style of soap, not an easy glycerine and oatmeal type soap). I washed down soap with pepper and pickles. Dirt tastes quite a bit like potting soil, and earwax, while not -exactly- earwax flavored (judging on the smell of earwax) is DISTURBING. I tried everything but rotten eggs and sausage. Because sometimes a body just has to KNOW. And if knowing is half the battle, the other half of this battle is keeping one's gorge down. I mean, they can't possibly be making any money on these! No one would buy a second box! NO ONE.
Anyway, other than that, I had a pretty good evening. I got to train Merlin (yes we have a guy named Merlin on our staff and I haven't said a damn thing about his name to his face but oh it KILLS ME). Who is quite handsome and funny (and, typically, -married-). I have two days off in a row, it's very exciting.
Okay, that was really it.
posted by Amber at 12:19 AM
|