| | I just walked in the door. (take a peek at the time stamp... I'll wait)
Yeah, so this bears explanation.
My cousin Austin called me around ten-ish, drunk, informing me he needed family. Unfortunately, I didn't get off work until midnight. He's living in Lathrop again (an hour away). By the time I get off work, he's left messages seven times and sent me a text.
Ed and I tear over there, sure we will find him dying in his own vomit.
Thank god, that was not the case. He was just really, really drunk.
If it wasn't awful, it would have been hilarious. Austin inebriated is like something out of a movie. He goes through melancholia, anger, and hilarity in a space of ten minutes. In general he was a little incomprehensible.
After some heavy sleuthing I figured out his girlfriend/fiancé had left him, he had been fired from his job (being drunk on the job) and he wanted (sincerely) to die. Which is awful and sad, but I could relate.
We had a good cousinly time of it.
Once Ed and I came home we had to shower (Austin chain smokes, and my uncle's house is... filthy, Ed was afraid of spreading ants [they were -everywhere- in that house it was gross]) . Now I think I will go to bed, like I wanted to, five hours ago.
Night!
posted by Amber at 4:34 AM
|