| | So I just got back from Manny's get together. It was pretty cool all things considered. He fed us, but I ate before hand remembering that since I am a vegetarian, it would be better to be full. People there: Lata, Pat, Katrina, myself, Manny, Vanessa, Kevin (Yuen NOT Luther, Sterling and Irene. We played Pit and Scattergories, which were cool, even though I totally didn't come close to winning either of them. I had some brandy, because he offered, it was... gross, like brandy always is, but something about drinking alcohol out of a plastic yogurt cup just tickled me. So, subsequently I was buzzed for a while (I was the only one who drank), which may explain why I didn't win and why I laughed so much and so loudly. I guess to me a social gathering where people play games and have dinner is the ultimate place to have something to drink, and if one is drinking alone in a crowd... I don't think that is alcoholism. I talked to Irene, I made a conscious effort to do so, and it was fine (I mean it was idle party chatter, nothing meaningful), so I guess I feel less of a boyfriend stealing bitch (which is silly because no one could possibly steal Sterling against his will. The thought is ludicris, and so is the picture of me as a vamp.). I know I like her (me cai bien) so this is good. It felt a bit like highschool, you know the good part of highschool. These sort of gatherings are the ones I want to go to for the rest of my life (if that makes any sense), now all I need is the perfect game partener (and life partener) and I'll be set.
So, tomorrow, Santa Rosa and neopets (I took some shit for that tonight, but its okay because I know Sterling is just as sad if not more sad than I am. And if he says anything mean about it, he runs the risk of making me cry... hint hint). So yeah, I'll get to bed... sometime.
posted by Amber at 12:17 AM
|