| | Jesus, I missed the internet. My amazing technical wizard (Sterling... who made it look so easy I felt like I was wasting his time with my puny network issues) helped me finally get this bitch back on! So... I've moved in, it's nice... pretty retro, but whatever, Martina seems nice enough.
Yeah, so I hung out with Sterling this evening/night/early morning (well technically). I helped him set up his bed, he took me out to dinner at Baker's Square fixed my internet issues and we basically hung out talking here... all night. I don't know if we are really funny or what, but goddamn I laugh a lot when he's around (it's what I look for in friends and lovers...). I would like to think we're really witty... but I am sure its all "masturbatory gramatical activities" (isn't that a cool mental image?!), but I mean, masturbatory activities of any type are fun. We went for a walk to the park right across the street, it was awesome, big metal ropey structures and spinny rope cages and one of those spinny things that were outlawed because kids kept cracking their heads on them. Then, we walked some more and he drove me back to his place, then walked me to my car where he hugged me. Now, before you start with the required "aw," I was informed that it had more to do with the awkward shuffle on my part (killjoy), but whatever he smells like guy and kind of like lumber... which is a good healthy smell (frank smells like potting soil). I know this shouldn't mean much to me, and that most other people would think I put too much emphasis on hugging, but you have to understand, I generally don't like being touched, like at all. I hit a guy once who touched me when I told him not to, I yell at people who come up behind me and try and fix my shirt tag (back of the neck...shudder). I am a spazz and personal space is a huge deal to me (I frequently don't want my own mother to touch me, but I allow it because it would break her heart), for me to want someone to touch me is pretty big. I could count the number of people I want in my personal space on one hand (family excluded). So, yeah, big deal to me, not floating home on a cloud sort of thing, but... yeah.
posted by Amber at 12:45 AM
|