| | Hehe:
"lyaa henulka ulundo hiin nalla mi oia loom. Le avaeslel, avameleth, avamellon lyg. Nwalka a lost adan. le, hessa nâr, feuya nin."
For those of you who don't speak elvish, that roughly says
" Your evil-eyed deformed children cry in eternal darkness. You hopeless loveless friendless snake. Cruel and empty man. You, withered rat, disgust me."
Ed issued a challenge, saying he would like to see me try and insult him in Elvish, and after an hours work with Elvish-English dictionaries I came up with that (I was getting into the swing of things, but decided to stop). I don't speak Elvish, and for those of *you* (perhaps Frank?) who are put off by the absolute level of geekiness, think of it this way. Take any English to something language dictionary (like English to Basque, that's a good example), then randomly rip out over 80% of the entries, and then with your remaining words, try and create insults. See, that is how proud I am.
Oy, I am gettin ill, but for once in my life, I waited until I was out of the thick of things to collapse, so I can spend my week off in bed... catching up on school reading, yay? Sterling is going to assert his manliness to me tomorrow (or whenever works for him, no rush), in both helping me with my car, and my printer. Me, my agenda for today is to go to the video store and with my last bit of cash rent some fun films, like Pink Flamingos (I can't believe I haven't seen it either! Me, who sees like every cult drag movie, hasn't seen Divine outside of Hairspray). I will also buy some food, maybe a sandwhich, soup sounds unappealing. Either way, I have an agenda and I can't sit here dallying about in my blog, I have other places to dally, damnit.
posted by Amber at 2:02 PM
|