Loquacious
     Saturday, January 22, 2005

hrm
 
Well today has been interesting, its still early, so who know, I might double post today. You know, I want to see Doogie Howser M.D. I used to love that show when I was little. I want to see it again to either fall in love with it again or realize I had crap taste as a child (its all about the Vinnie, if I recall, which leads me to believe I had crap taste as a child) So, I am sure you're dying to know what has happened today.... me too. Seriously though, nothing really has been going on today. I played NeoQuest II (yes the RPG), again because I missed the third avatar (serves me right for beating it too quickly the first time)....its frustrating. On the upside it means that I can communicate with other geeks about RPGing, without actually having to go out and buy anything. (Sterling and I had a very nice conversation about something similar, ah my years of watching the Final Fantasy saga pay off!) What is kind of sad is that I can just talk about fantasy series... and you can't even tell where I stop talking about games and start talking about books... I am a mage supporter, because well magic is awesome. Mages are the ultimate geek avatar, I mean, they are obsessive and generally frail, but strangely they kick ass. How? By talking and waving their hands about (and maybe throwing shit, depends on the spell). Sterling sides with the warriors (he would, he's a geek, but he intellectualizes all physical activities... so like the geekiest way to approach asskicking... well not fencing, he has his limits). My mother would be a cleric (but she just found out I am a geek, like a month ago, so I guess I can't bring this up) frail, a mediator, in touch with god (or a god, whatever). Hehe, this is fun. It was like this summer when I was playing pretend with the kids I worked for, and they would come up with these sucky senarios, and I kept thinking, wow, I could do this so much better. Why don't adults play pretend... we'd be awesome at it. Then I remembered, LARPing... and I shut my mental mouth.

Yeah, so, nothing going on... but that never seems to stop me from talking, or typing. Hey you know what I realized? I was talking to Sterling yesterday, about how my Grandfather told me that catfish whiskers are poisonous and that if you put your head up to the glass and are really quiet you can hear them meow. I sat there for the entire meal listening to the catfish... my grandfather loved to do shit like that. Anyway, I just got it, he was trying to shut me up! My entire family had a whole bunch of ploys to keep me quiet! Like when my dad would play classical music (Imagination music) and have me sit and think about what the music was about, or when he would say, listen to all the things around you. Or when Roxanne would say "Shut up Amber" (she has said that in all possible inflections). Or my mother would say "my cup is half full, I need to refill it." It was an ephiphany! It made me laugh, and feel kind of irked...

You know, its amazing with all I talk and the volumes I type (never had a problem meeting 100 words), you'd think I would write massive essays like nothing...

posted by Amber at 7:36 PM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

   
     
 

About Me
I really like to read, overanalyze things, and dance, maybe not in that order. Oh, I also believe in being intellectual and silly.

Recent Posts
awesome!
laziness!
Smell-o-vision
a late night missive
And I am still alive
and magically it was all better
MONKEY BLEEP BLEEP!
double date?
monday rainy blues
Boxing day (AKA that holiday we don't celebrate in...

Archives July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 December 2010 March 2011

Places I frequent
Neopets
myspace
neocommentary
idrewthis.org
scarygoround
Ed

Powered by Blogger