| | | | | | Friday, February 04, 2005 |
Hyde-sigh
| | I rented the first season of that 70s Show. Aw, I forgot how much I love Hyde... every single guy I've dated (with the notable exception of Dan, because.. well Dan is the exception to all boyfriend rules) were Hyde (Dan... was a Kelso sadly). I saw the episode where he takes Jackie to the prom and I nearly cried because he was so sweet (yeah yeah I know, I am dork like this, but to be fair a lot of my reaction is based on how I felt when I first saw it, and when this episode aired I was 14 waiting on romance). I still stand firm that Hyde and Donna should have been together, I mean Eric is sweet and a good man, but he's not very smart, and he is neurotic. Hyde may seem mean spirited, however he is witty, wicked smart, rebellious (but not dangerous), has sexy hair, laughs a lot, and can be really caring to those he cares about (he is pretty loyal for as much of a jackass as he seems). I, of course, am Donna... (except for being tall, or having tomboyish attributes) so I totally think Hyde and Donna. I know (I've actually had this argument with my mother before) that Donna is with Eric (or was last I watched the show, so two years ago) because he is good to her, but Hyde could be good to her too. Grumble... now I am all nostalgic for the beginnings of a romace... although not really, they way things are now is a lot less up and down (hrm, thinking over that, I am not sure that that is true), or rather, that I am much more comfortable with Frank and much more sure of myself than I would be if for some strange reason he and I were at the beginning of our relationship.
You have to love a show that makes you nostalgic for a time that you never lived through (kind of like the Wonder Years... oh now I just might cry).
Also on a related note, I wish there were formal dances outside of highschool, ones you could attend with your friends and see everybody all dressed up (I bet, no I know Frank looks fantastic in a suit, but I don't want to have to wait for someone else to die to see it again).
posted by Amber at 3:15 AM
|
3 comments
3 Comments:
I definitely agree. Hyde and Donna need to be together before this amazing show ends, which sadly might be soon. They would be so damn perfect together. I wish I lived through the 70's. Seems like the perfect decade to live in. Yeah, you heard me the 90's. Take that!
Jose? Jose? What the hell are you doing here? All leaving comments on Ambs's weblog? I don't remember allowing you to do that! Back to your hole!
Um... and I don't watch That Seventies Show, so that's about all I have to day. Sorry. I'll get back in my hole now.
Aw, I would hate to think of that show ending, I love that show almost as much as I loved Sports Night, or Freaks and Geeks. Although, being as I haven't watched the show for years, I am not sure how they have managed to stay in the 70s for so long anyway, it was 77 when the show started. Here's to Hyde and Donna, may they never fall victim to the bad fashion of the 1980s!
| |