memorial day
| | well today is memorial day, but we celebrated it in my family yesterday... and that was fun. Frank and I went over to my parents house where they hosted a barbeque with a TON of food. I got to be bartender! I made mojitas! They're really fun to make. However mojitas are a double shot drink, and my mom downed three rather quickly... so it was a fun evening. When I went to get a beer for Frank, my dad told me that there was rootbeer and.... rootbeer. So, while making the drinks, I just kept pouring him rum into his rootbeer (if -I- can't drink at a family function [had to drive] I was glad that -someone- could). A lot of alcohol was consumed, which meant that my grandmother's its a party attitude towards wine lately went completely unnoticed (at every family function no matter how small for the last few years, she's been celebrating). So, I think only me, Roxanne and my Aunt weren't intoxicated. My uncle Carl was there! He is so much fun, his daugher Collette is fun too... they tell great stories (even if no one can remember how to long divide). Frank and I got home around ten thirty at night, then we went to his mother's house, and dropped off her bottle of Rhum (its from the Phillipeans), I had a drink there, it was too heavy on the mixer, making it almost unbearable to drink. But Frank's dad was watching Fox News so we came home and saw about half of the MST3K before deciding we'd rather just talk. It was a really good day
Now... I would like to get a hold of Sterlng because I have new badminton rackets!
(oh, and I have papers to write... like sometime)
posted by Amber at 10:53 AM
|
0 comments
0 Comments:
| |