| | oh man, I need to do something about this migraine. I couldn't go to class today, I could barely see my head hurt so bad (and I think today was an important day, too... damnit). Today I woke up, got my ass unceremoniously kicked at badminton (sigh, I am beginning to think that I may not be able to cream sterling the way he deserves... but then again I did win sunday). Came home sat about, tried to go to class, ended up taking a nap hoping the pain would go away (like it ever does, sleeping never works and waking up with your head hurting... is not fun).
This evening I went to Borders and read Time of the Twins, which is another Dragonlance. I reread the chronicles (the original three Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night and Dragons of Spring Dawn... and actually the Dragons of Summer Flame, which is the last of the "old" dragonlance) the last week or so, so I figured giving the twins trilogy a try was long overdue. And you know what, it totally was. The original three books are awesome, but many of the others (the meetings sextet for example) are of much lower quality. However, being as I digested Time of the Twin in two hours, allow me to tell you, its quite good! (they didn't have Test of the Twins... the first of the three, luckily I know the characters) For those of you (all of you) who don't know what the fuck I am talking about, let me try and explain. Okay my favorite character in the chronicles is the mage Raistlin (he's a twisted tormented soul who gives up everything for power... but really only does so because no one loves him, and I, being who I am, feel I could have saved him), and he has this lunky brother Caramon, who is his arm and his heart (blech). Anyway, these stories are about Raistlin (and dumb Caramon) and his love of the good girl Crysania (who is a bitch in my opinion, but I am probably just jealous) and how he must decide between that and ULTIMATE POWER (he's working on trying to become a god, because he is that awesome). Mages and dragons and power with a dash of love... ah, this is what fantasy is all about. Anyway, they are well written, and I was thouroughly entertained... so much so I sat on the floor and read all three hundred and something pages of it in one sitting.
yeah, that kind of was my day... headaches and fantasy. I've been getting back into playing neopets, which I am sure will make my neopets happy, because I've been neglecting them (I am a bad bad mommy of 9... all named after Dragonlance gods... oh man I'm a geek). Meepit v. Feepit is awesome, I love beating up meepits and making them cry (oh please if you'd seen a picture of a meepit you'd want to smack it about, they are creepy and they stare, and everyone knows they plot to take over Neopia all the time).
Tomorrow Sterling is coming over in the evening, so I am probably going to try and pop off to bed early and clean house tomorrow (and, do it this time) in preparation for his visit. Goodnight.
posted by Amber at 11:35 PM
|