Loquacious
     Monday, November 28, 2005

You'll never find another love like mine
 
things I have learned:

first off I need to record Ed's phone number somewhere, because I don't have it.

Second off: gin is -fantastic-. It might be even better than rum (but not better than Whalers Vanilla rum, I am a woman of standards... I want my liquors to be mistaken for candy). I should have gin with everything, it would make my life more diverting.

Third off: the song "You'll never find another love like mine" by Lou Rawls is
incredible.

You can see how all these three off can combine... mostly the second has led me to the third (which I knew already) which leaves me with the first.

See, Ed this is your fault, I could be leaving you a terribly embarrassing message on your machine... but, um, er, I don't have your number. I'm sure you're to blame for my lack of organization. At this moment I could be serenading you in my terrible alto/tenor voice. Just imagine that for a second.[harp sounds]

You'll never find, as long as you live
Someone who loves you tender like I do
You'll never find, no matter where you search
Someone who cares about you the way I do

Whoa, I'm not braggin' on myself, baby
But I'm the one who loves you
And there's no one else, no-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh one else

You'll never find, it'll take the end of all time
Someone to understand you like I do
You'll never find the rhythm, the rhyme
All the magic we shared, just us two

Whoa, I'm not tryin' to make you stay, baby
But I know some how, some day, some way
You are (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss my lovin' (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss my lovin' (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss, you're gonna miss my lo-o-ove

Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh (you're gonna miss my lovin')
Late in the midnight hour, baby (you're gonna miss my lovin')
When it's cold outside (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss, you're gonna miss my lo-o-ove

You'll never find another love like mine
Someone who needs you like I do
You'll never see what you've found in me
You'll keep searching and searching your whole life through
Whoa, I don't wish you no bad luck, baby
But there's no ifs and buts or maybes

You're gonna, You're gonna miss (miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss my lovin' (you're gonna miss my lovin')
I know you're gonna my lovin' (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss, you're gonna miss my lo-o-ove

Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh (you're gonna miss my lovin')
Late in the midnight hour, baby (you're gonna miss my lovin')
When it gets real cold outside (you're gonna miss my lovin')
I know, I know that you are gonna miss my lo-o-ove

Let me tell you that you're gonna miss my lovin'
Yes you will, baby (you're gonna miss my lovin')
When I'm long gon
I know, I know, I know that you are gonna miss



[end harp sounds]

That would be what you would be hearing, if I knew the number to call

Eitherhoo, I should go to bed, because Frank's coming home tomorrow, and I have to work (bleh). But the most important thing here is Frank is coming home!


PS this song is the only thing that got me through working in Music Saturday, everytime I would think about taking an icepick to my frontal lobe (for the record that would be about every fifteen minutes), I would take lou rawl's cd and put it on the play station, and I would feel better (they were playing Christmas music and Tracy Chapman... I've come to hate both with a passion). "You'll never find another love" is right up there with "There's no business like show business" when it comes to the "makes Amber ridiculously happy" genre of music.
Personally I think my eclectic taste in music is part of my charm.

PPS Mike A (who like runs Music) also helped prevent the icepick to the brain, he's attractive, for you know, a guy who is like twenty years too old (he looks a bit like a shaggy lumberjack, a shaggy musicphile who wears 1950s glasses and has been to Europe... also known as Worldtravelled sexy). Also the lack of available icepicks helped a lot. If I had worked in an ice pick store that played nothing but Tracy Chapman and Christmas music (or the terrible idea of Tracy Chapman christmas music [shudder] ) I would have been a goner, as it was, all I did was faint Saturday. Which was embarrassing, but not fatal.

posted by Amber at 2:10 AM

1 comments

1 Comments:

Woman!

773-410-0606!

No excuses next time, hear!

By Blogger Ed Turner, at 8:55 AM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

   
     
 

About Me
I really like to read, overanalyze things, and dance, maybe not in that order. Oh, I also believe in being intellectual and silly.

Recent Posts
isolated
Turkey day
geek alert
painful knee
a fivethirty am Saturday post
Amber, girl detective
News!
a silly conversation without words (thankyou AIM)
real life or film life?
sunday ramble

Archives July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 December 2010 March 2011

Places I frequent
Neopets
myspace
neocommentary
idrewthis.org
scarygoround
Ed

Powered by Blogger