Loquacious
     Saturday, July 08, 2006

My hours are slumberless
 
So, here I am... at my parent's house. It's nearly three thirty am and I'm wide awake. I've been having serious problems sleeping lately, not sure what to do about that. I get tired, but can't sleep.

It is rather warm in here.

Wondering how I got here? Me too, I'm philosophical like that. I woke up today figuring that I would go shopping and then do nothing all evening. BUT I was able to check Myspace and I had received a message from Pam Miller (have to work on typing Miller not Wise) saying that her and Jon (her husband) would be in Dixon. So, I tried to get to Dixon at 4:30pm on a Friday. Yeah, I wasn't thinking when I told her it would take 30 minutes. It, um, took longer about an hour longer. Then I realized that I had forgotten my cell phone, so I couldn't contact them once I was at the apartment complex. I walked to the Safeway, deposited my check, got twenty dollars back then waited in line to get quarters to use the pay phone (to call her father's house to find out her number to call her). The pay phone was broken. I walked back to my car and saw them as they were getting ready to leave. Pam invited me to dinner with her family in Concord, and her and Jon were nice enough (really too generous) to give me gas money. So I drove another hour to get to Clayton to go eat. The dinner was... something. I don't like Jon's step-mother; she's, well, a bitch. She was seated next to this...family friend (?) who was 37 and a complete and utter ass. He was...flirting with me, really he was saying very lewd (and sometimes incomprehensible) things to me (apparently two margaritas is all it takes to turn a man from annoying to CREEPY). And, it was difficult, because I don't know nice ways to shut men down, I know effective but mean ways (such as "... you can't be serious. You're pushing 40, and obnoxious what makes you think you have a chance in hell?" see? That's not nice!). So I kept my mouth shut, which mayn't (sure, it's a word) have been the best thing. I was, however, able to be comic relief (I made Pam laugh anyway, and I owe her from several years back [like 8]. Tonight didn't pay it off by a long shot, but it was a downpayment). I like Jon, but I feel so bad for Pam being in Kansas City, she really hates it there and I don't blame her (and people saying things like "suck it up and stop whining" and "when are you having grandchildren. I want grandchildren before I'm 90" do NOT help [I didn't make up either of those, by the way]). She's so pretty, I forgot (or never realized) how pretty she is. I also got the scoop on all of our mutual friends (my ex-boyfriend Dan is going to be a father [he just turned 21 two weeks ago]), so it was fun. Then I went to MommaDawn's, but she wasn't in. So I left a note on her fridge and talked (briefly!) with her son. Then I went to Jacob's (he turned 20 yesterday, now), he wasn't home. I left a note at his place, too. Not sure his mom was glad to see me. I ran into Michael Ellis outside Jacob's (he was there to wish him a happy birthday), and we talked for a bit. I got caught up on his life. I really like Michael Ellis, he is a good person AND a nice one. He also can talk a blue streak, which is interesting to find in a guy (for about twenty minutes I was only able to make noncommittal comments, and we're talking about -me- here). I then dropped by my parent's to pick up some stuff and was talked into staying the night.

So here I am, tired but unable to sleep in this stuffy purple womb that used to be my bedroom. Just chillin' here with the 12'' purple plastic Mary-shaped holy water dispenser. I thought it was Jesus shaped, but nope, it's Mary, a toddler Jesus is at her feet. Toddler Jesus is making what looks like the Nixon V's for victory (could be directing airplanes from under Mary's skirt, hard to tell). The statue says at it's base "PROTEGENOS" which I believe is a command: "protect us." Mexican Catholicism is freaky.

Well I'm going to try to sleep, or at least lie on the floor for a while.

posted by Amber at 3:28 AM

1 comments

1 Comments:

...did you just say I'm pretty?

Oh, and if by some chance you ever come across Aaron again, please feel free to not hold back. Most of the time he's not as annoying as that night, but when he gets that way, I want to smash something in his face.

Holy bejebus, jacob is 20? What happened to the 6th grader in his mom's sweater tied to the pole?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 AM, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

   
     
 

About Me
I really like to read, overanalyze things, and dance, maybe not in that order. Oh, I also believe in being intellectual and silly.

Recent Posts
a note from the road... as it were
!
So I have been pretty bummed out about my birthday...
Whoo it's late or early, whatever. I spent the eve...
Dear internet,I've been gone for so long now, so v...
So I have a new apartment and I -love- it. It wil...
Nerdiness
notes from the internetless
GAH
puppy love

Archives July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 December 2010 March 2011

Places I frequent
Neopets
myspace
neocommentary
idrewthis.org
scarygoround
Ed

Powered by Blogger