| | | | | | Thursday, December 14, 2006 |
It CAME from the ceiling!
| | So, last night I heard this dripping sound coming from my bathroom. Now this in and of itself is not so unusual; my bathroom makes a lot of noise. Either my neighbors are really eccentric bathers, or the pipes rush for no good reason. Perhaps BOTH.
But this dripping did not sound like wall drips. So I went to investigate. I checked the shower and the bath faucet... nothing. then I felt it, a splatter. I looked UP, and I saw it. The paint onf my ceiling had bulged out in a bubble, a substantial looking bubble (maybe 2 inches deep, and three in diameter). I got up on my bathtub and touched the bulge, it felt a bit spongey. My first thought was Monsters (always my first thought in circumstances like this). I had a very clear mental image of a reverse shot, from the perspective of the bulge, dutch angled all to hell with X-files music fx. So I did the logical thing (which would NOT be get undressed and then announce that people come out because I no longer found it funny. That is the logical way to get KILLED): I grabbed a knife. Obstensibly I grabbed the knife to pierce the bulge, but I also brought it as a monster fighting tool (small bulge= small monsters, more like overgrown spiders). The Miracle Blade (so sharp it can cut a can and then cut a tomato so thin you can read through it) pierced the bulge easily. Ichor did NOT come spewing out, it was only water, water that smelled very strongly of pot. Upon examining my ceiling more closely, I realized that when they repainted it before I moved in, they painted over a raised square 6" x 6". Now maybe there was a secret passage up there (a drug stash? a portal to another universe for the very narrow and tall?) maybe it was just a hole. The bulge formed on a corner of this raised square, so if it was just a hole (perhaps the people upstairs got really mad and took a hatchet to their floor, who knows?) it could be improperly sealed, hence the leak. Or, I could have killed the Monster Egg-Sack before any little Monsters were fully developed, saving humanity.
Either or, really.
PS the deflated bulge really does look fleshlike, not flattering fleshlike. In the interests of good taste I cannot impart what exactly it looks like (rhymes with "pabia stajora" of an old "lorn mar").
posted by Amber at 12:43 AM
|
2 comments
2 Comments:
Maybe at one point it was THIS
...
I think you are right.
but why does ceiling cat's little hidey hole smell like pot?
| |