| | | | | | Friday, February 06, 2009 |
Surgery!
| | Today I had oral surgery (sideways wisdom tooth, long story). I was supposed to have this back when I was nineteen (fainting spells, also a long story), but I had it today and I have to say... much less of an ordeal than I expected.
I mean, my mouth hurts quite a bit, that's for sure, but I don't feel like someone removed a part of my jaw.
The surgery itself was quite uneventful. I came in, took my inhaler, put on a hair net, lay down. Met my two anesthesiology assistants, they gave me oxygen and my surgeon gave me an IV. They were surprised to find out how much I weighed (I hide it, I guess), and then the ceiling was fuzzy. And then I was being wheeled into recovery.
Yeah general anesthesia is AWESOME.
Bloody hunks of gauze in my mouth until my wound clots... are not.
Vicodin is pretty alright, too.
That is all.
PS one more thing, I'm super proud of my ability to spell anesthesia correctly on my first try.
posted by Amber at 11:54 AM
|
1 comments
1 Comments:
:D i ended up not using my meds, it didn't hurt. however i did drool blood all over my pants because my face was numb, and i was really really reaaalllly tired when i woke up.
did they conk you out? did they wake you up to show you your teeth?
| |