Previously in this blog I wrote about everything I dislike about where the HP plotlines went. This will not be another post on that.
Instead, let me talk to you about the latest filim.
Three plotlines run through the movie: 1. Ridiculous Teenage Smooches 2. GOOD V. THE EVILS and 3. Draco Malfoy and the Infinite Sadness.
Draco Malfoy saved this movie for me. He was unintentionally HILARIOUS EVERY SCENE he was in. The moper showed up on screen and instantly I start giggling. Draco is supposed to be the bad guy (not the Bad Guy or the BADDEST GUY), but that boy is instead the saddest of the sacks. Imagine the mope factor of Edward Cullen in Twilight, only not creepy sort of sad (and British). He comes in a crowded room, everyone stops talking for ten seconds, makes eye contact with Harry... and then, swear to god, flounces out.

Draco is supposed to be a prat, not pathetic. But whatever, it distracted from the gooshy kisses, stilted dialogue and ridiculous Harry is the CHOSEN ONE plot, and anything that does that is Excellent.
posted by Amber at 10:37 PM