| | Yesterday was fun. I went to crepes with frank (if I don' t eat Frank gets annoying, its a weird scientific fact). Then ROBOTMEDIA. It was a lot of fun, they are very rarely pretentious, just a lot funny films, and some crap. The one about the action figures was great (you see a little kid playing with action figures, they you see four guys dressed as the action figures, it was really funny, but the superhero wearing only a cape and a little bag with assfloss, [speedos are waay more conservative] and his butt flexing, was over the top). Lata brought her beau, who isn't her beau yet, her beau-to-be (can you tell I like the word beau? Well I do, beau is great). His name is... I believe Sonny, he's an engineer, raised in Bombay, he's really quiet but nice. We went to pie, apparently this young man studies minimum eight hours a day (finals are coming up)....I'll repeat that MINIMUM 8 HOURS a DAY. Apparently his major is really small (his class is the first of some group of engineers to graduate) and they bonded well. Talking to him... made me appreciate how great my major is, and how I NEVER want to be an engineer. Lata is almost decided on the lawyer, which is cool, but still. Looking at these two professionals, who have a long life of working their ass off ahead of them... just made me think, you know, I think I can handle what I plan on doing. True my life plan is visit the country, and maybe live in Europe (riding around on Frank's musical coattails) until I get my own bookshop... which means a lot of near poverty, at least I am young, and I won't be doing this all my life. If everything fucks up, I'll teach... which will suck... but no TPS reports, you know? Thank you, thank you, Sonny (if that is your name), unintentionally you reaffirmed my life plan or made me feel better about my lack of one, maybe I did the same for you. Maybe you talked to us and thought: wow, these people are slackers and have no plan for their lives... what freaks, I am so glad I know what I am going to be doing.
Somebody remind me of this serenity later when I am flippin' out.
posted by Amber at 12:30 PM
|