| | Blogger has been such a bitch lately, I spent twenty minutes tonight just trying to get here... not happy Amber.
In other news, I did homework today, and it was boring. I went to the library, and researched for two hours, found very little useful information, and I am pissed off at the stupid map collection. Apparently for reasons beyond my comprehension, no cartographers gave a shit about Korea from circa 1900 to 1954, and this angers me. Also, I found the perfect article for my story, it was a detailed explanation of the colonial educational system in Korea for all grades, and rural versus urban... but it was in FUCKING KOREAN. Goddamnit all to hell... no, no, God fuck it. You read right, I am frustrated.
SO, the homework I did do consisted of reading an article about the Kanto Earthquake and the proceeding massacre of Koreans in Japan (yeah, it was really scary actually), the March 1st declaration (independence movement in Korea March first 1919), and a discussion of the various governments in exile during the time Korea was under Japanese control. Not particularly helpful, but its research, I'll try and apply them somewhere. I also took the bus to rent Do the Right Thing (the last of the films I needed to see for film class, well technically I haven't seen the Battle for Algiers, but... I don't want to see that one), and eventually saw it at Sterling's. Yeah Sterling has been studying... a lot, like for the last week or more for his O-chem final tomorrow (today?) at 8am. So, if you're up and reading this sometime between 8am-10am PST, send him some luck... maybe a lot of it. Yeah, Do the Right Thing inspired some controversy in Fountain Circle 50, which is good, because it didn't come to blows and controversy is nice (when people don't die). I thought the film was good, I thought the use of yellow filters and Dutch angles (also strategic low angles) were very effective, oh and the subject was provocative. At least it wasn't a fucking movie about a fucking movie (goddamned Wenders... not sure when I am going to forgive that pretentious asshole, maybe after I take the final).
So yeah, Sterling took me home, and he was very....manly, as he felt bad about potential plans this weekend (Irene is worn out this week, so he's not sure if he's free Saturday or Sunday for me, and seemed to feel genuinely, not sad, but maybe torn? about it). I love his overexplanitory nature... especially when he is tired and can't express himself (he looked pretty terrible today, but there really is no graceful way for someone to respond to "wow, you look like shit"). Frank is much better at expressing himself... or maybe he is more concise (does that necessarily mean better?) than I am. I think it is part of his 'chill' personality (very closely related to 'cool', but at least he's not 'frigid').
The plan for tomorrow: sleep in, 2. write pages and pages of paper 3. return movies 4. begin Chinese history study guide (ie try and figure out which parts of the text book I might actually need to read) 5. email professor? (maybe go to office hours) so I am sure that I am not wandering waay off course with my paper. 6. do laundry, I have no clothes and naked is not acceptable in public 7. there is no official seven, but I'll bet I end up playing some neopets tomorrow.
For now, I retire, to the bed (meaning I am going to walk over about five feet and lay down, and try and sleep).
PS happy Saint Patrick's day. Or as he should be known St.Patrick (387-493) the Scottish druid killer!, yeah this is why I am not in charge of the Catholic Church (that and my ruling religious policy is "God doesn't want us to be stupid").
posted by Amber at 1:41 AM
|