| | Well, I have bronchitis.
Which means the good news is that my work week emptied itself out quite nicely.
I do not have pneumonia. I underwent several chest x-rays. I have 101.0 fever, and I think my head my actually split in two.
Last night I coughed so hard I threw up, and Ed was, thankfully, able to reassure me it was because the diaphragm seizures pissed off my stomach, NOT that this was some new disturbing development in that flap that separates the windpipe from the esophagus. Because I trust that little guy (the flap), and I can't have him just up and sleeping on the job (to me, it is analogous to ones heart deciding, for the hell of it, to pump -backwards- sometimes). Last night I was -positive- that my various bodily fluids were escaping me, like little rats from a sinking ship and that my Immediate Death was upon me. Today I chalk that crystal clear idea up to a "fever induced delirium."
My European history class looks -hard-, I think I might be royally screwed this semester.
Also, Ed (who is also sick) and I had a moment over (of all things) Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2, which I had never heard before Ross played it a week ago. I really like it, which leaves me to believe that I might have liked U2 before all their hype. Who knows, I may have liked Pearl Jam, too. Our moment was a snuffly one, which Ed believes is the best kind. -I- wonder who he has been snuffling with, perhaps some mucous slut?
Man I think I shall retire to my bed, and hope this fever goes away.
posted by Amber at 9:38 PM
|