I'm Alive!
| | Really!
So, here's what I've been up to:
I worked four days then had to give it up (ill!). Ed showed up and the awesomeness commenced.
Okay so the first proper day wasn't really exciting, we did my laundry (and bought groceries). I had a lot of laundry to wash, and he was patient with me. I took him out to Islands for burgers and a drink (I owed him because of a brilliant paper title). Then we drank... a lot. I blame Ed, or I guess if I want to be accurate I blame our conflicting views of politeness: I, as a good hostess, kept offering him drinks, him, as a polite human being, kept saying 'sure.'
The second day was a Friday, and he woke us up at eight am for no good reason. Although in retrospect it turned out to be good. We picked up my check and got my car fixed (and that took -HOURS-). Ed learned what I imagine wasn't much of a surprise to him, I hate waiting. I'm no good at it. We also hung out at the mall (I picked up a little plush kitty named Kali, well Ty would have you believe that it was named Cabaret, but Ed renamed it Cali [I assume after California] and I changed it to Kali [goddess of destruction] and she's so damn cute it's astounding). This took us up to one in the afternoon. I took a nap, then that evening we went out to Kathmandu (awesome Nepalese food). We saw Pan's Labyrinth, and it was creepy, good but creepy. Very Castillian, if the other Spanish films I've seen are any judge (I could have just picked really strange ones) at the Crest. Then I took a tumble... over nothing on a flat piece of road in low heels. It gave me bruises that are just now going from fuchsia to yellowy and a really solid scab. Ed was gentleman enough to not laugh at me.
Saturday we woke up late. We headed to the Bay Area, and got caught in a HORRENDOUS traffic snarl. The highway was closed, and we couldn't get off the damn thing. We went THREE MILES in TWO HOURS. As I've mentioned I wait poorly, I had a bit of a Freak Out. Ed was worried that I'd either burst into tears or kill him. I did neither. When we got OFF the damn road I was able to get alternate directions from Frank (a very kind, kind Frank who looked up a route from an atlas). We took some crazy country back roads and ended up going over a bridge I've never been over. The journey that should have taken an hour and a half TOPS took us over four and a half hours. So we didn't go to San Francisco that day and hung out with my parents and then MommaDawn.
Sunday we woke up and went to San Francisco. We took BART and then the cablecar (paid too much for an all day pass, damnit). It was a gorgeous day, clear and temperate (typical winter day in SF). We ate lunch at Fisherman's warf (was good but expensive). Then we hung out at Pier 39... pretty much all day. We saw a juggler and his dog. I played with a clam puppet (best puppet in the whole damn shop). We saw some strange art (I like art galleries, Ed was, I think, indifferent. Did you know galleries have makeout rooms?), wicked knives, and a beautiful hat that I could not afford. We went to the arcade, and Ed is much much better at the games than I. With the power of our skillz combined I got a lot of loot, er, we, -we- got a lot of loot. A plastic bead necklace, stickers, temporary tattoos, AND a really pretty shot glass. Then we took Muni down to the Embarcadero, played in the fountain my cousin fell in ages ago (also where my parents had their first date). Then we went up to the Equinox and had very expensive drinks (and a tiny dessert) as we watched the city revolve. I will say this about my 13.00 mojito, it was High Quality Booze (and one drink managed to get me tipsy). Then we went home hung out with my parents again and then drove back to citrus heights
Monday we did essentially nothing. We rested and watched movies (Strangers with Candy, Lost Skeleton of Cadavera, 9 Dead Gay Guys, Clue), I made enchiladas.
Tuesday we played Axis and Allies, and I won (Ed will tell you because he walked me through it and while he DID convince me to attack in what was my final victory battle, I REALLY won because he didn't notice I grabbed a completely unguarded victory city for maybe three turns. And a turn is a LONG time). Then we went out to dinner with Sterling (Kabbul) and the service was prompt (suprisingly). Then we went to a bar and hung out for a while. Sterling and Ed seemed to like each other, which was really a load off my mind.
Wednesday Ed went home really early. I got back from the airport, did a load of laundry then went to sleep for another six hours. Got up, was awake for 8 hours, slept for another ten. I'm amazing... I think.
Thursday, Sterling came over and we played Axis and Allies. We figured out more of the rules (important rules like troops that moved during the combat phase CANNOT move during noncombat moves, aircraft has to resolve all of it's moves during combat moves, meaning if you had a fighter say, it has 4 moves to fly to it's target and then retreat). Making the game MUCH harder, we played for almost six hours, then called it a night. We went to dinner at Red Robins.
Today I got up early and went to work. I came home ate dinner bathed and read.
NOTE: Dan from my work explained to me his reasonings behind recommending the ABYSSMAL Children of the Mind, it turns out he was reocmmending Xenocide and that was a good story. I'm currently working my way through Tamora Pierce's Protector of the small series.
posted by Amber at 10:05 PM
|
2 comments
2 Comments:
Hooray for awesomeness!
Was that the same fountain we went to? I think it was near Embarcadero...
Also, did you go into the store that has all the Babushka thingys with signs that say 'no touchy-touchy'?
| |