Loquacious
     Wednesday, October 20, 2004

bad day
 
This is a warning, my day was not good, and I am not happy, thus everything shall have a negative tinge to it. You have been warned.

Okay, yeah today sucked. It was rainy when I woke up, which meant that the bus was packed. It was so packed they wouldn't let me on, so I had to wait for the next bus. I was late to class (my professor likes to start early anyway, so I was really late). I cannot stand my Native American Studies 1 class, I hate it. I do not want to go into any more detail than that, but I am going to take it pass/no pass because I don't need it except for the units and I really hate it. I also hate my discussion class for NAS 1, in fact, I hate that more. On the bright side I really love my Mex-Amer history class and discussion, they are awesome. So after my long ass day, I go out in the mist, and the bus either left early, or just didn't come. So I walked home in the dark through the park ("we will call him Clark"). So, yeah, totally sick of school I get home, and try and convince Sterling to go have pie with me, but no dice. He had an icky day too, and just wanted to sleep (at 11pm, which means he really must have been feeling low. I hope he feels better). So, then I start talking to Nick, and that is going well, until he invites me to the movies this saturday with some of his friends. Well in his group of friends, there are two women I can't stand and my ex boyfriend, Dan. I almost went just to get closure with Dan. Our relationship ended really badly, he said some really nasty things... one of which being that he found me and girlfriends to be "a drag." (hurtful, yet also funny) My time with Dan was not a happy one in my life (or at least the breakup through the start of college was especially awful), I always wanted to make things better, but he told me that I was forbidden from ever calling him again when we last communicated. Apparently he has a girlfriend now named Jessica I think, Nick wasn't fond of her (he also commented that they have sex, which is a weird thing to say... or at least its kind of weird to imply that that is a bad thing). So yeah, now I am thinking all about Dan and that time in my life, and all of the things I did then I am not proud of... Oh man, this is one more instance of why I hate going back "home." I remember all the reasons I left (ran) for college, I remember how unhappy and alone I felt especially towards the end and I wonder if I will ever willingly go back. I think I will, I remember promising my friend Pam Wise that I would go to the reunions (she was supposed to go too), so I will honor that promise. As tempting as I have found it to romanticize my past, especially when I feel so rootless and uncertain now, I guess I really can't...

"Is it perfume from a dress/That makes me so digress?/...And should I then presume?/And how should I begin?" Wow, you know I am feeling bad when I whip out the Prufrock. It is typical me to associate my life with what many people consider to be 20th century poetic anti-hero, in the melodrama of my life, I never think small. Well whatever, Nick has promised me that tomorrow (today?) will be better, and it had better live up to his projection. I am going to bed (to go stew some more...I must break this habit)

posted by Amber at 1:13 AM

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

   
     
 

About Me
I really like to read, overanalyze things, and dance, maybe not in that order. Oh, I also believe in being intellectual and silly.

Recent Posts
crotchedy
filler
the weather
so yeah, today was really really long. I went to ...
100th post!
Big Day
nothing of import
sterling's party, and stuff
I got a lot done today. I paid my tuition install...
Reality Bites

Archives July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 December 2010 March 2011

Places I frequent
Neopets
myspace
neocommentary
idrewthis.org
scarygoround
Ed

Powered by Blogger