| | | | | | Tuesday, September 30, 2008 |
Escapee!
| | Ed and I bought some mice last week. It was one of those on a lark they're so cute and we don't want to them to be eaten by snakes (...many of those mice at Petco are doomed to a life as an entree for a snake, it's terribly sad). So we picked the three with the most personality and took them home.
Sid (Vicious), Joey (Ramone), and Mick (Jones... from the Clash). They are adorable, but I've come to realize that there is a fine line between "cute/perky personality" and "total asshole" in mice. As in, Sid living up to his bad boy name, beats the snot out of his cagemates, but even though they are having huge squeak fights... they're -squeak- fights and sound pretty adorable.
Anyway, I got home today, and went to the backroom (mice are -waaay- stinkier than rats), and everything was quiet and peaceful. It was then that I did a head count. Mick was under the wheel... Joey was curled up in the igloo... and Sid was no where to be found. Now mice are small, so Ed and I spent several minutes trying to ascertain whether or not Sid was in the cage before we concluded he had hightailed it. We think he snuck through a gap in the cage originally meant to hold food dishese, but we're not sure, he also could have wedged open an improperly closed top latch (mice are crazy acrobats). After spending 15 minutes or so imagining that Sid ate something a mouse shouldn't (roach bait, wires, laundry soap that spilled on our carpet yesterday and we've been too lazy to clean up), then died in a cranny and his corpse would be undetected until putrification set in, I watched Ed set up a cunning mouse trap (a cardboard box wit a weighted flap door). Then we hung out for an hour, and in the middle of Ed's game, he cried "Sid!" Sid appeared out from behind the Besta, and Ed snatched him up.
Crisis averted.
Of course as soon as we put him back in the cage, the mice fights started up again.
posted by Amber at 10:33 PM
|
0 comments
0 Comments:
| |